ResumeLast updated: September 10, 2017
- Experienced Java programmer with ten years of software development experience.
- Passionate about programming in a clear, concise, and maintainable fashion.
- Engaging teacher with outstanding communication skills.
Assistant Electronic Resources Librarian / Technician, Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library (Norristown, PA)
June 2014 - present
- Developed client-side Java applications to aid in computer lab operations.
- Helped redesign and maintain library's WordPress-based website, including development of WordPress plugins.
- Taught classes & developed lesson plans on computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, WordPress.
- Wrote grants; won several grants for replacement of aging equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance of public/staff computers and server infrastructure (since Jan 2017).
- Ordered, configured, and deployed new computers; extensively documented all work.
- Administered staff and volunteer work schedule.
- Assisted library patrons with technical questions & resolved patron conflicts/issues.
Instructor, Methacton High School (Norristown, PA)
February 2017 - April 2017
- Taught adult classes on Microsoft Office.
Volunteer, Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library (Norristown, PA)
December 2013 - June 2014
- Shelved returned books.
- Contributed to library's Facebook page.
- Provided one-on-one computer help to library patrons.
Software Developer, Siemens Medical (Malvern, PA)
October 2012 - May 2013
Technologies: JavaSE, JavaEE, GWT, CSS, ClearCase
- Responsible for maintenance of web-based application used by doctors to record medical information.
- Practiced agile development, test-driven development, and self-documenting code.
Software Developer, Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA)
June 2011 - September 2012
Technologies: JavaSE, JavaEE, MyBatis, JUnit, Maven, Mule, XML, XSLT
- Added Maven support to existing projects.
- Developed services for processing large amounts of XML data.
Software Developer, LifeShield Security (Yardley, PA)
December 2010 - May 2011
Technologies: PHP, PHPUnit, JavaSE, JUnit, Velocity, MyBatis, JDBC, SQL
- Wrote backend Java code to perform maintenance tasks on home security system contract data.
- Made use of MVC and DAO patterns to improve testability of applications.
Software Developer, MEDecision (Wayne, PA)
August 2009 - June 2010
Technologies: JavaSE, JavaEE, MyBatis, PHP, Zend Framework, XML, SOAP, HealthVault
- Maintained web-based healthcare software by fixing bugs and adding new features.
- Worked extensively with Microsoft HealthVault platform; successfully demoed work at multiple healthcare conferences.
- Developed web service for IHE medical industry standard; passed standardization test.
Software Developer, JBISoft (Fairfax, VA)
October 2008 - March 2009
- Helped maintain software product used to intelligently index information and plot it on map.
Consultant, Platinum Solutions (Reston, VA)
July 2007 - September 2008
- Worked on project for the entire life-cycle, including requirements analysis, development, debugging, documentation, and deployment.
Application Programmer, Stanley Associates (Kearnysville, WV)
August 2006 - July 2007
Technologies: Visual Basic 6
- Maintained U.S. Coast Guard application that managed fleet and law enforcement information.
June 2003 - May 2006
Support Desk Intern, Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (Harrisburg, PA)
Solved technical problems of customers and employees, monitored banking servers.
Software Development Intern, Advanced Automation Associates (Exton, PA)
Developed factory automation software using Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server.
CompTIA A+ (July 2017)
Sun Certified Web Component Developer 5.0 (June 2010)
Sun Certified Java Programmer 6.0 (July 2009)
B.S. Computer Science (May 2006)
Shippensburg University (Shippensburg, PA)
- Summa cum laude
- Honors Program
- Study abroad (Leicester, England)