ResumeLast updated: May 30, 2016
Experienced Java programmer with ten years of software development experience. Passionate about programming in a clear, concise, and maintainable fashion. Outstanding communication skills.
|Languages & Libraries||Java, Swing, JavaFX, JUnit, Mockito, Servlets, PHP|
|Database||JDBC, SQL, MyBatis, Derby|
|Tools||Eclipse, Git, Maven, Gradle|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac OS/X, Linux|
Assistant Electronic Resources Librarian, Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library (Norristown, PA)
June 2014 - present
- Developed client-side Java applications to aid in computer lab operations.
- Improved library's WordPress-based website by helping redesign it and write WordPress plugins.
- Taught classes on computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, WordPress.
- Wrote and improved class lesson plans and handouts.
- Wrote grants; won grant for replacement of aging equipment.
- Responsible for staff and volunteer work schedule.
- Helped library patrons with technical questions, resolved patron conflicts/issues.
Volunteer, Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library (Norristown, PA)
December 2013 - June 2014
- Shelved returned books.
- Contributed to library’s Facebook page.
- Provided one-on-one computer help to library patrons.
Software Developer, Siemens Medical (Malvern, PA)
October 2012 - May 2013
Technologies: JavaSE, JavaEE, GWT, CSS, ClearCase
- Worked with another team to remove excess whitespace from UI; customer satisfied.
- Conducted extensive research on elusive network error; implemented functionality to reduce its occurrence.
- Implemented client-side logging system; gave technical presentation to team.
Software Developer, Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA)
June 2011 - September 2012
Technologies: JavaSE, JavaEE, GWT, MyBatis, JUnit, Maven, Mule, JMS, Restlet, Jersey, XML, XSLT
- Added Maven support to existing projects.
- Wrote code to process large XML files.
- Refactored microservice to make it RESTful, thread-safe, and more configurable; went live without problems.
Software Developer, LifeShield Security (Yardley, PA)
December 2010 - May 2011
Technologies: PHP, PHPUnit, JavaSE, JUnit,Velocity, MyBatis, JDBC, SQL, YUI, XML, Ajax, REST
- Wrote backend Java code to perform maintenance tasks on contract data; went live with minimal issues.
- Made use of MVC and DAO patterns to improve testability of applications.
- Designed RESTful XML web services.
Software Developer, MEDecision (Wayne, PA)
August 2009 - June 2010
Technologies: JavaSE, JavaEE, Tomcat, MyBatis, Maven, PHP, Zend Framework, XML, SOAP, HealthVault
- Added standards-based web service; passed standardization test.
- Worked closely with Microsoft HealthVault team to add HealthVault support to application.
- Contributed bug fixes to HealthVault Java Library project.
- HealthVault functionality successfully demoed at multiple healthcare conferences.
Software Developer, JBISoft (Fairfax, VA)
October 2008 - March 2009
- Worked closely with SOAP-based web services.
- Helped maintain UI front-end using Dojo framework and JSP.
Consultant, Platinum Solutions (Reston, VA)
July 2007 - September 2008
- Independency responsible for full lifecycle of a project (development, customer communication, documentation, and deployment at client site).
Application Programmer, Stanley Associates (Kearnysville, WV)
August 2006 - July 2007
Technologies: Visual Basic 6, Sharepoint
- Worked on code used to generate Word documents for the purposes of collecting fines and holding court hearings.
June 2003 - May 2006
Support Desk Intern, Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union (Harrisburg, PA)
Solved technical problems of customers and employees, monitored banking servers.
Software Development Intern, Advanced Automation Associates (Exton, PA)
Developed factory automation software using Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONSCertifications
B.S. Computer Science (May 2006)
Shippensburg University (Shippensburg, PA)
- Honors Program, summa cum laude
- Study abroad (Leicester, England)